Requires Service Manager to lead our Service Department!
Work for an industry-leading company that recognizes the values of its employees! Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The Service Manager oversees the daily service operations for Service Department. The position manages and directs a team of technicians while ensuring high quality of work and repairs to customer equipment in the shop or field location. The Service Manager utilizes the highest level of customer service and certifies that warranty guidelines are met.
- Assigns job schedules for shop and field technicians while ensuring a high level of customer service is provided by all department employees.
- Quotes repairs for internal machines and customer units.
- Conducts machinery inspections of completed technician work.
- Schedules and organizes Technical Service Training.
- Manages dealership warranty program and ensures documentation is properly completed for warranty or any potential liability claims. Accurately prepares service reports for warranty submissions.
- Settles customer disputes effectively and timely.
- Monitors and invoices work orders as needed.
- Performs budget reviews and budget input and is responsible for generating shop revenues.
- In cooperation with management, hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Identifies employees’ skills and develops them by coaching and counselling on a regular basis. Conducts performance appraisals on time and provides continuous feedback on performance. Takes timely corrective action as necessary and in accordance with company policies. Works with management to handle disciplinary matters, grievance resolutions, and other personnel-related issues.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies, and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Two-year Ag Diesel Technical Degree or Diploma, Journeyman preferred, not required.
- 5+ years experience in a field diesel service technician role, preferred, not required.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting methods and tools required.
- Working knowledge of Versatile, McCormick, Vermeer, and Agricultural machinery a plus.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, ability to maintain confidentiality and tact.
- Proven ability to follow through defined tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Farm background highly desirable, not required.
- Ability to safely operate large farm machinery.
- Valid driver’s license with a continued verifiable safe driving history/ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong English language skills, French and German skills a plus.
- Ability to travel; may require overnight travel and weekend or evening work.
- Ability to see, hear and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer and cell phone, and to present and explain product details to customers.
- Ability to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Follows all safety rules, regulations and policies.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and pick up objects.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently, 50 pounds occasionally.
Typical dealership/repair/office environment. Occasional vehicle or airline travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Send Resume to KNM Sales & Service Ltd
PO Box 4176
6101 – 47 St
Barrhead, Ab T7N 1A2
Attn: Martijn Terlouw Email: email@example.com